If you are looking for ways to optimise your online marketing strategy, email marketing is definitely one of the best channels to promote your products and services.
An email marketing campaign is one of the best way to keep your customers engaged and promote your content to new leads, turning them into sales. That’s why marketers and business owners around the world is using emails to keep connected with their customers.
What is Email Marketing?
In short, email marketing refers to the use of email to promote your business. This can be in the form of product updates or specials, newsletters, industry news, and more.
Brands all over the world are using email newsletters to stay in touch with their subscriber base, while providing valuable information about their products and services.
There is a lot of data to back up the effectiveness of email marketing:
- More than 90
percent of adults in the US prefer to receive promotional emails
from companies they do business with;
- Email marketing is almost 40 times more effective than Twitter and Facebook combined in terms of helping businesses gain new customers.
Email marketing can easily be used in addition to other marketing methods too, such as paid ads and social media marketing.
How Small Businesses Can Benefit
There are many ways in which small businesses can benefit from email marketing:
- Builds credibility. People prefer to do business with companies they know and trust. Email marketing allows you to build credibility with your audience and improve customer loyalty.
- Generates leads. If you do email marketing correctly, you can generate new leads and calls from prospects. Seasoned marketers know how to give the right offer at the right time, to get the results you are looking for.
- Strengthens business relationships. Another great benefit of email marketing is that it strengthens business relationships. It’s an effective tool to communicate with customers and it gives you the ability to keep people engaged with your business during all seasons of the year.
- Improves communication. Emails can be a reliable way of communicating with your customers. It allows you to stay in touch, and send a personal message to customers, which they will appreciate.
- It’s cost effective. Email marketing is very cost effective, in fact it’s more affordable than most other marketing platforms. And with 94 percent of users using email on a regular basis, it’s one of the best ways to promote your business.
- Easily track ROI. Emails allow you to track your ROI much easier. Everything is trackable, from the number of people who open your emails, to the number of people clicking through to your website. Since you don’t have to put up a lot of money for these campaigns, your ROI will be higher than other methods.
As a business owner and marketer, remember that mobile plays a big role in your marketing efforts. Almost 70 percent of all emails in the U.S. are opened on a mobile device; when designing your next newsletter or special offer via email, remember to optimise it for mobile use, to ensure all your readers get the best reading experience.
Compared to SMS marketing, email marketing is better as it allows you to still reach mobile users, but desktop users too. Smartphone users find it less annoying that SMS messages.
It’s easy to get started with email marketing as it doesn’t take a large investment and you can get started with contacts or customers you already know or have done business with. Building a contact list is also easy to do if you know how to provide value to your readers.
You can also use a professional email marketing service to handle your email newsletters and build your subscriber base; this allows you to focus on other areas of your business while a professional team takes care of your email marketing needs.
With emails you can reach users on any device, giving you the ability to connect with readers around the world at a very cost-effective rate. It’s easy, convenient and very versatile, plus you’ll get a higher ROI with a very low investment. It all boils down to how effectively you plan each campaign and ensure that you always offer great value to every reader.
For more information on the benefits of email marketing for your business, don’t hesitate to contact us.